Sunday 14 October 2012

Never Take the Word of a Carpet Salesman

Progress, as they say, is inexorable. Well, I've got a new one.

Progress is... well, slow.

This week I've handed over more than a month's salary in deposit and rent, set up a Facebook page and a Twitter account, been to Costco for another bloodletting and found out that 'Closing Down Sale' in terms of a carpet shop is meaningless and 'Up To 80% Off' is just TOTAL BOLLOCKS!

I sell things for a living but by God I'm glad it isn't carpets! That's just licenced dishonesty. I got some exorbitant quotes for flooring in the shop and walked out feeling that if the 'Closing Down' sale were true then it was no bad thing.

To add insult to injury the slime ball called me 3 times in the next hour. FECK! Talk about pressure selling. They should all be shot and burned. Don't get me started on 'Free Fitting' . . .

Yesterday I bought a brush and a tape measure from the delightful lady at the DIY shop across the road and felt an awful lot better about the whole experience.

Tomorrow I'm looking for carpet tiles and hoping for better things.

On a brighter (much brighter) note, this week I also acquired a tag-along to attach to one of my bikes which means the youngest can cycle to school with me when we get the shop up and running.

More later

luv'n'stuff

John

No comments:

Post a Comment